Reasons to move from Kansas during winter
Are you planning a move soon, but you’re not quite sure when to book the date? That won’t be a problem. Movers in Kansas are more than happy to help you find the perfect time for your move. Numerous variables affect the optimal time of your relocation. Some of those variables depend on your current situation – job, family, and obligations. While some of those variables are easy to foresee, some of the others aren’t as intuitive. That’s where the professionals can help you. For example, it can be better to move from Kansas during winter than during the summer for several reasons. To find out why you should move during the winter, or at least closer to the winter, keep on reading!
Move from Kansas during winter is you’re not looking for busy relocation
For starters, one of the main reasons why you should move from Kansas during winter is because the summer is extremely busy. That’s when many people are traveling all around the globe. Their kids aren’t going to school, so the summer is the perfect time for all of the families with kids to move. That’s when the people start new chapters of their life, dictated by what that the system is organized. All of those variables affect your moving experience.
Why you should move from Kansas during winter:
- You’ll have more moving companies to choose from. This will help you have the perfect move!
- It’s easier to work when it’s cold than when it’s hot. Imagine packing in the middle of the summer and having to carry all of the furniture and boxes.
- Summer is usually the month when you’ll want to travel. To make sure that the move doesn’t interfere with your travel plans, plan your move in the winter.
Summer temperatures can be very high
Working during the summer can be extremely physically exhausting. You will spend a lot more time resting than actually packing, decluttering, and doing other moving-related obligations. The truth is that you’ll be much more effective if you were to do that in the winter because it’s physically easier. If you have a business that you run, it would be less affected if you were to move from Kansas during winter. Moreover, it would be also easier for movers. It’s also proven that your brain works better when it’s cold than when it’s hot. Falling asleep is easier when it’s cold than when it’s hot as well. All in all, you’ll feel better physically if you choose to move from Kansas during the winter, and not during the summer.
Winter is less likely to be booked so you have more freedom
If you decide to move during the winter, you’ll have many more moving companies available. The movers tend to be booked much more during the summer, and you might miss out on the opportunity to hire a reliable, trustworthy mover like movers Overland Park KS. Finding the movers that are the right fit for you and that can tailor the move to your needs is hard. It requires a lot of research and time. It’s also very important, as it can make your life much easier or much harder.
If you end up trusting the movers that only make the whole moving experience harder, it will impact the other areas of your life as well. Let the right moving companies do the work for you, so you can focus on the other areas of your life. Take your time to make the right decision and start your life on the right foot.
What you should pay attention to while moving in the winter
When moving during the winter, you should first take a look at the statistics.
- Don’t move on Fridays or weekends if you can avoid it. The same goes for the end of the month of the year. The time around the New Year can be very hectic, and that’s definitely the period that you want to avoid altogether. Moving during the holidays is sometimes inevitable, unfortunately.
- See which months tend to be most problematic. Take a look at the weather reports in the past few years and learn from them. They will show you when it’s best to move. Track the rain, the snow, and all of the other weather elements that are specific.
- Talk to the movers. They have years and years of experience and you should definitely take their opinion into consideration. It’s in their interest to leave a good impression and move you during the time that’s most convenient.
- Start your move as early as possible. The earlier you start the move, the fewer roads are cluttered. This is also another thing that you should consult with your movers about.
Tips to make your move from Kansas during winter easier
There are several things that people tend to overlook when moving during the winter. Keep them in mind for your upcoming move!
- Have extra tarps or plastic wraps or blankets ready. If it’s raining or snowing you might need to cover some of the items while the truck is being loaded. There are several things that you can do to protect your furniture from the rain.
- You will need cardboard pieces to place on the floor. This way, you’ll protect it from getting dirty and damaged.
- If you have cardboard boxes, try to wrap them with plastic or use the plastic boxes if you can. The cardboard’s structure is easily affected by the moisture, and that’s one thing that’s unavoidable during the winter.
- Prepare hot beverages for everyone – your household members, movers, and yourself. You will need it!
As you can see, moving during the winter has a lot of pros. In the end, choosing the reliable moving company is the factor that you can control the most, and that greatly affects your moving outcome. If you’re not sure whether the company is right for you, get the free estimate and give them a call. Keep in mind that we’re always at your disposal!
- Tips for storing Christmas decorations in Lawrence - January 20, 2021
- Preparing instruments for storage – tips and tricks - January 16, 2021
- Tips for preparing your employees for an office move - January 12, 2021
Kansas City, MO
A really great experience! The guys were friendly and handled all the furniture as if it were their own! They even moved my...